This caboose served the ET&WNC railroad for many years and could be uniquely identified by its’ lack of a copula. Because of this, it received the nickname of the “copula-less caboose”. In its’ later years, the caboose could be found at Cranberry, NC serving as a bachelor pad for Cy Crumbly, the locally well-known conductor who served the railroad for 54 years. This is a one-of-a-kind model designed by Benjamin Merritt.
ET&WNC Caboose 503 with Simplex body bolster. To complete your model, add grab irons, trucks, couplers, paint, and decal to your liking.
For a full history on ET&WNC freight cars and cabooses, see Johnny Graybeal’s Along the ET&WNC vol 4/5 (Freight cars) available from Tarheel Press.
This kit Includes:
- 3D Printed Body & Frame
- 4 – 18″ Grab Irons
- 4 – 24″ Grab Irons
- 4 – Corner Grab Irons
- 4 – Caboose Curved Grab Irons
- 2 – Ladders
- 2 – 8″ Length of wire for platform handrails
- 1 – 1″ Length of wire for brake shaft
- 1 – Caboose Railing Bending Jig
This kit requires the following for completion:
- Kadee Couplers
- O Scale: #803 or #807
- Simplex Trucks, Or TR01 McCord Trucks
- Brake Details (optional)
|Dimensions||9 × 3.5 × 2.5 in|
1:48 – On3/30
ETWNC – East Tennessee and Western North Carolina
- Store Name: Merritt 3D Designs & Printing
- Vendor: Merritt 3D Designs & Printing
- No ratings found yet!